This acne clearing serum is supercharged with zinc and lilac leaf stem cells to balance oily complexions and reduce the appearance of blemishes, as well as a blend of astringent essential oils like tea tree and lavender to help prevent them in the first place. Click to read our full skin care review including our clean ingredient analysis, a summary of all online customer reviews, and our experiences testing the product itself.
KYPRIS: ANTIOXIDANT DEW REVIEW
By: Skin Care Ox
last updated: 8/20/2019
The Antioxidant Dew is a lightweight hydration serum formulated to brighten and quench the skin. One of our favorite things about this natural facial serum is how easily it fits into almost any skin care routine. Think of the Antioxidant Dew as more of a “hydration booster” that can be worn under your existing routine (after using your organic cleanser and toner of course) or used in place of your current moisturizer (for humid climates and oilier skin types). Only a few drops of this milky serum is all you need to reveal that coveted dewy, glowing, fairy tale skin. It works great underneath makeup as a primer because it creates a smooth, hydrated surface without being greasy or sticky. This is the kind of serum you’ll want to keep in your routine all year round; as a lightweight moisturizer in the spring and summer months and as a blast of hydration during the drier fall and winter months. To top it all off, this serum is made with all natural, wildcrafted, and organic ingredients—so, you don’t have to worry about putting anything potentially harmful on your skin. It is a premium-priced product; however, Kypris makes deluxe-sized sample kits so you can really test their products out.
Below you’ll find a summary of our review of the Kypris Antioxidant Dew! We tirelessly researched each ingredient for safety, tested the product for effectiveness, and even analyzed online customer reviews for the product from retailers across the internet. Everything you wanted to know about Kypris Beauty’s Antioxidant Dew serum before you buy is now right at your fingertips–enjoy!
KYPRIS ANTIOXIDANT DEW REVIEW
Product Name: Antioxidant Dew
Product Description: A lightweight serum made with all-natural hydrating ingredients, like hyaluronic acid and sea algae, designed to deliver a blast of dewy, glowing hydration. Size: 1.5oz/47ml Packaging: Blue Glass Consistency: Lightweight Milky Serum Scent: Light Natural Botanical Scent Samples Available: Yes - *Shop Kypris Samples
- Clean Ingredient Score
- Product Design & Effectiveness Score
- Online Customer Review Score
CLEAN INGREDIENT SCORE
Kypris’ Antioxidant Dew is made from 100% natural ingredients and 26 active natural ingredients designed to deliver a quenched, hydrated glow. This product is vegan, gluten-free, GMO free, and the ingredients are locally sourced and sustainably procured. Additionally, the product uses proven, gentle, and all natural preservative systems. We give the Kypris Antioxidant Dew a Clean Ingredient Score of “A” because of its pure, all natural, and organic formulation. The Antioxidant Dew could have easily earned our highest Clean Score (A+) if it were made with certified organic ingredients. With that said, Kypris clearly has a dedication to using high-quality, holistic, and sustainably grown ingredients and it shows.
Top Clean Ingredients
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Also known as hyaluronic acid. A naturally occurring salt of hyaluronic acid that both attracts water molecules from the air into the skin and can hold up to 1000x its weight in water–making it a powerful ingredient for hydration.
- Sea Algae: Nourishes the skin with natural vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Sea algae mainly works as a humectant; drawing in moisture from the environment into the skin.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate: Natural vitamin c esters to support collagen production.
- Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline/DPHP: A botanically derived amino acid that protects and supports collagen.
- Superoxide Dimutase: A natural antioxidant enzyme with potent anti-aging benefits.
- Ferulic Acid: A powerful natural antioxidant commonly used to stabilize and support vitamins C & E.
- Tocopherol/Vitamin E: Derived from non-gmo organic soy.
- Sodium Levulinate: Natural Preservative | EWG Score: 1
- Sodium Anisate: Natural Preservative | EWG Score: 1
- Citric Acid: Natural Preservative | EWG Score: 2
- Sodium Citrate: Natural Preservative | EWG Score: 1
ingredients as of: 8/19/2019
water, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, camellia oleifera seed oil, xylitylglucoside Natural, Humectant; EWG Score: 1 , dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline Natural, Protects & Supports Collagen; EWG Score 1 , algae, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, phospholipids, reed extract, comfrey leaf extract, nettle extract, poria cocos extract, xylitol Natural Sugar Alcohol, Humectant, Skin-Conditioning, Thickener; EWG Score: 1 , anhydroxylitol Natural, Humectant; EWG Score: 1 , waltheria indica leaf extract, panthenol Natural, Pro-Vitamin B5, Humectant; EWG Score: 1 , rosa damascena flower extract, rosa centifolia flower extract, tamanu seed oil, lecithin, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate Natural | Vitamin C Ester | EWG Score: 1 , superoxide dismutase Natural, Antioxidant, Enzyme, Anti-Aging; EWG Score: 1 , ferulic acid Natural, Antioxidant, Stabilizes Vitamin C & E; EWG Score: 2 , sodium hyaluronate Natural, Humectant, Moisture, also known as Hyaluronic Acid; EWG Score: 1 , mannitol Natural Sugar Alcohol, Humectant, Moisturizing Agent, Binder; EWG Score: 1 , dextrin, rosemary leaf extract, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate Natural, Preservative; EWG Score 1 , sodium anisate Natural, Preservative; EWG Score 1 , sodium levulinate Natural, Preservative; EWG Score 1 , citric acid Natural, Preservative; EWG Score 2 , sodium citrate Natural, pH Control, Preservative; EWG Score: 1 , sodium gluconate Natural, Stabilizer, Chelating Agent, pH Control, Humectant; EWG Score: 1 , xanthan gum Natural, Binder, Stabilizer; EWG Score: 1
PRODUCT DESIGN & EFFECTIVENESS
The Antioxidant Dew claims to provide intense, skin-quenching hydration with a featherweight consistency. After testing the product for two weeks, we gave the Antioxidant Dew a solid A for product design and effectiveness. First and foremost, the Antioxidant Dew definitely delivers on its promise to “Quench & Glow”. The milky serum absorbs effortlessly into all skin types, from dry to oily, without leaving a sticky residue. While our combo, oily, and normal skin type reviewers felt that the Antioxidant Dew was sufficient as a standalone moisturizer, our dry and mature reviewers preferred to layer on additional serums and moisturizers. After two weeks of use (in combination with their normal skin care routine), our reviewers all reported a mild brightening effect from using the Antioxidant Dew. We did have one issue with the product packaging. Specifically, product would build up in the dispenser cap, leak around the edges, and become messy after time.
Official Usage Instructions: Apply several drops of Antioxidant Dew to clean skin morning and night. For best results, combine with your favorite KYPRIS Beauty Elixir. For external use only.
Ease of Use: Very easy to incorporate into an existing skin care routine. Can be combined with other serums and moisturizers (apply first and let absorb before layering other products).
Most Notable Results
- Delivers a dewy “glow” appearance
- Mild skin brightening after 2 weeks of use
- Visible hydration and moisture
- Works well under makeup as a base or primer
Claims Not Met
- None: This product does not make claims of effectiveness that we did not experience.
ONLINE CUSTOMER REVIEW SCORE
After analyzing 338 customer reviews for the Kypris Antioxidant Dew from over 12 online retailers (including shops like Amazon, Detox Market, Integrity Botanicals, and Nordstrom), we give the Antioxidant Dew an Online Customer Review score of “B”. Across all retailers, the Antioxidant Dew received an average customer score of 4.3/5 stars. Overall, 90% of customers online seem to agree with our testers that the Antioxidant Dew does deliver on its promise to hydrate and provide a “glowing” appearance. Just around 10% of customer reviews had something critical to say of the product including issues with the premium price tag to experiences with negative skin reactions (see Pros & Cons below for full summary).
reviews last evaluated: 8/19/2019
- Made with all natural ingredients.
- Delivers a visible dewy glow.
- A lightweight serum that is neither greasy nor sticky.
- Milky-like consistency absorbs quickly into the skin.
- Works well for all skin types.
- Layers well with other serums and moisturizers.
- Mild brightening with daily use.
- While the product is suitable for all skin types, few reviewers have experienced breakouts while using this product.
- Some reviewers would not repurchase due to premium price for a hydration serum (i.e. they wanted more “bang” for their buck).
- Although the product is packed with antioxidants, it is not an “anti-wrinkle” serum.
ARTICLES FEATURING KYPRIS
Adding an organic face oil or serum to your skin care routine is a powerful & easy way to get instantly glowing skin--no matter what your skin type may be! Browse our list of expertly curated and [...]