7 Soothing & Organic Bath Salts and Soaks
Compared to organic bath bombs, bath salts and soaks can be just as fun and twice as relaxing! They are crafted with relaxation in mind — with ingredients designed to hydrate the skin and soothe muscles. In fact, you’ve probably heard of taking an Epsom Salt bath to ease soreness or boost relaxation.
What Are the Benefits of Organic Bath Salts and Soaks?
- Ease muscle tension: Maybe you had an extra hard workout, or you’re sore from a long run. Natural soaks and salts have been found to treat conditions like arthritis — thanks to their natural ingredients, like potassium and magnesium — so just imagine what it can do for general muscle fatigue.
- Hydrate & treat the skin: If your skin has been feeling dry lately, sea salt baths can provide extra nourishment. When they dissolve in the tub, the water becomes packed with naturally hydrating ingredients gently absorbing into your skin. Look for ingredients that specifically target skin concerns — lavender and chamomile for calming properties, algae for deep hydration, oats for irritation.
- Lower stress: While baths are commonly used for lowering stress levels, magnesium has been linked to increased serotonin, adding an extra layer to a relaxing soak.
Here are our top recommendations for all-natural bath salts and soaks:
1. Osmia Organics Serenity Organic Milk Bath
Price : $36
Milk bath perfection! This may be our favorite product from Osmia (and that says a lot because we are obsessed with their Coffee + Mint body soap). This milk bath is made with organic buttermilk powder, skim milk powder, milled oats, baking soda, and a gentle blend of essential oils like chamomile and lavender. it's so pure and gentle, you can even soak babies in it. Just a few scoops transforms your tub into a milky paradise.
Shop Osmia Organics Serenity Organic Milk Bath
2. Herbivore Botanicals Vegan Coconut Milk Bath Soak
Price : $22
A yummy milk bath that's perfect for vegans! Made with baking soda, dehydrated coconut milk, real coconut pulp, and a hint of vanilla, this powder delivers all of the glamour of a milk bath. The light scent of vanilla (along with a very subtle hint of coconut) is very relaxing and pretty. The coconut milk does a great job at softening the skin--shockingly good actually. Highly recommended.
Shop Herbivore Botanicals Vegan Coconut Milk Bath Soak
3. African Botanics Kalahari Desert Detox Bath Salt
Price : $75
A truly luxurious organic bath salt made from ancient Kalahari Desert mineral-rich salts and an intoxicating blend of cape rose geranium, juniper berry, chamomile, and lemongrass. In addition to the yummy scents, this bath salt is also loaded with anti-aging and skin rejuvenating ingredients like caffeine, marula oil, seaweed, and buchu leaf powder. Even a quick soak in these salts will leave your skin feeling buttery soft.
Shop African Botanics Kalahari Desert Detox Bath Salt
4. Bathorium Crush Organic Bath Soak
Price : $9
CRUSH Bath Soaks are affordable little treats with lovely ingredients. Our favorite bath soak is the Ancient Oat Hydration which features a really soothing blend of rice powder, ground oats, calendula, and chamomile to treat dry, cracked, dehydrated skin (it works like a charm!). Other favorites include the Sea Kelp Serenity, Charcoal Garden Detox, and Eucalyptus Apothecary (great for colds and flu).
Shop Bathorium Crush Organic Bath Soak
5. Osmia Organics Recovery Salt Bath
Price : $29
If you want to try one of Osmia's relaxing organic bath products, but prefer a vegan option--then we recommend this Recovery Salt Bath. It's made from a muscle-melting blend of French sea salt, epsom salt, lavender, marjoram, rosemary, eucalyptus, and wild mint. Just a few scoops is all it takes to create a peaceful atmosphere. One of our favorite aromatherapy blends!
Shop Osmia Organics Recovery Salt Bath
6. Follain Dream Bath Elixir
Price : $36
All we have to say about this bath soak is--Wow! It doesn't take much of this truly dreamy elixir to fill the room with the an incredible aromatherapy experience. Pretty scents of clary sage, blue yarrow, eucalyptus, geranium, and lavender work so perfectly together. This bath soak is more than just a pretty scent! It's also packed with skin softening ingredients like aloe vera gel, witch hazel, and vegetable glycerin.
Shop Follain Dream Bath Elixir
7. OSEA Malibu Gigartina Therapy Fizzling Bath
Price : $48
This mineral-rich and super hydrating seaweed bath therapy is a mix between a bath bomb and bath salts. It's a pretty pink powder that has a light bubbling effect when added to water (similar to a bath bomb). The scent of lavender is very fresh and relaxing. Best of all, this soak softens the skin like no other. The algae is deeply hydrating, so you can relax and take a nice long soak without depleting your body of minerals.
Shop OSEA Malibu Gigartina Therapy Fizzling Bath